Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Black and White

Title: Black and White
Author: David Macaulay
Stars: 0 out of 5


Summary: It seems that there are four disconnected stories, one about a cow, one about a boy on a train, one about passangers waiting for a train, and one about a family. After reading all four of the stories you notice some similarities between them all
                The story Black and White is very difficult for me. There are 4 stories that are pretty different however each story contains elements of the other stories. I know that there is supposed to be a reason why things are not always “black and white” however I can not understand how all of the stories are related. I am a very logical and literal person meaning I have a hard time finding the hidden meaning in things for example poems. This story is really hard for me to decipher and besides the images that start to merge and appear in multiple stories I can not find the relationship between the stories

No comments:

Post a Comment